Saturday, December 8, 2007

Time, Balance and Focus - Sadhana and Blogging

As I've written before, when I started this blog, I was told that when I stopped writing for awhile I had to 'pick it up again', and that over time I had the chance of getting more regular in my writing, through this practice of stopping and starting again.

In some ways, this reminds me of my starting to practice yoga and learning to incorporate meditation into my life.

I wanted to enjoy the benefits of meditation (sort of like wanting to blog), and some days I actually did meditate. But it was only after I finally began to genuinely practice sadhana that the full benefits of these practices were available. I had made a choice, and I began to live within that commitment. And I only made the choice when I was ready, and I became ready by learning what I could by observing my experience over time. I learned in a deep way that my time spent in practice was time of the highest value.

As for blogging, for months now I have been busier in many ways - certainly in new ways, and in ways that have required me to grow, expand, and shift who I am as a manager and business person. While I have 'wanted' to write, I have also needed to maintain my balance as best as possible in a very expansive time. I found I was simply not available to write...I couldn't bring the focus necessary to do justice to something I would express publicly, so I didn't write.

Today this has changed, and I am glad to be back writing. In many ways I am different, my business activities are changing, the team of extraordinary yogic business professionals I work with has changed and grown, and as we start to wind up 2007 and move into 2008 I am curious and inspired by the possibilities that are present.

No comments:

Post a Comment